Sunday, August 8, 2010

Eden Monaro decides: Prepare the FOI request

Day 3 of my campaign for Eden-Monaro and still no call from Kerry O'Brien.

This is no surprise to me, since the last time I clashed wits with Kerry, at the Kempsey Recreational Workers Club 1992 Great Debate (topic: That this house would repeal the Factory Laws) I stormed to victory with a polemic drawing inspiration from Conrad's "Heart of Darkness". The crowd's response to my rhetoric was to attempt to storm the stage to celebrate with me. Were it not for the Hells Angels we had organised as security for the night, I would have been swept aloft and carried by the cheering crowd into the main streets of Kempsey.

Kerry has never forgiven me for this.

Needless to say, I have already prepared yet another freedom of information request directed at the ABC. Eden-Monaro WILL have a voice this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Blogs