Saturday, August 7, 2010

Eden-Monaro Decides: Worm beats Trout

Having destroyed the Big Trout on the first of our Eden-Monaro Work Place Relations debates (according to a rudimentary “Worm” which recorded the reactions of 6 enthusiastic locals to the contest) I retired to the shores of Lake Eucumbene to engage in a spot of fly fishing. Reflecting on my performance, it occurred to me that the Big Trout was, in many ways, like my old adversary Basil Marceaux. A worth adversary but an anachronism in this day and age of the 24 hour media cycle.

Basil's policy position


Ironically, the Big Trout shares some of Basil’s more controversial views on gun ownership and flag trim.


(The deeply conservative Big Trout)

Neverthelss, I salute both the Big Trout and Basil Marceaux. Ideological soldiers from a better time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Blogs